Almost as if someone flipped a switch, Brooklyn woke up to fall! I decided to celebrate with a big splash of color.
Posts Tagged “orange”
The inspiration for a nothing-new outfit can come from a tiny detail. In this case, it was this yellow, orange and brown striped scarf. As soon as I spotted it at the thrift store, I remembered an orange dress from a few racks back that I’d originally thought was too plain. Once I trimmed the brim of this orange straw hat (it had to be cut because it was too big, even for me), I was ready for my day at Churchill Downs circa 1973!
- straw hat - $1.40, Columbus Salvation Army Thrift
- sunglasses - $3.00, 23rd Street Manhattan Salvation Army Thrift
- linen dress - $4.00, Columbus Palmer Home Thrift
- striped scarf - $0.50, Columbus Palmer Home Thrift
- mary janes - $2.00, Columbus Palmer Home Thrift
- TOTAL - $10.90
How could I not fall in love with a scarf that looks like it was inspired by the color palette of the Price Is Right Showcase Showdown? This image may be blurry, but the color is as vivid as the first day Bob Barker stepped on set…