The Weekender (in Red and Pink)
There was a lot to take care of in a weekend! Errands to run, work to catch up on, thrift stores, friends and art galleries to visit. For me, perfect weekend outfits mean comfort; shoes I can run in; plenty of pockets to stuff lip balm, receipts and cookies in; and color, lots and lots of color. This weekend’s color is in keeping with my theme for the week.
- magenta cotton dress - $6 Manhattan’s 23rd Street Salvation Army
- red tie belt - free (because vendor liked me!) Alameda Swap Meet
- red cotton tights - $10 The Sock Man on St. Marks
- heart-pattern Vans slip ons - $13 East Village Buffalo Exchange
- maroon corduroy jacket - $20 Brooklyn Flea
- TOTAL - $49 with jacket, $29 without
Shouldn’t all radishes blossom into love, and shouldn’t all sneakers have hearts on them?