Sunday’s Shiny Tigress
Here’s what I wore to kick off TED Palm Springs Week’s Worth of Undies Project. I loved wearing this gold sequin skirt because so many wonderful people stopped me to comment on it!
For the TEDYou Talk I gave, I paired each day’s outfit with an important life lesson I wouldn’t have learned if not for this crazy nothing-new adventure I’ve embarked on. So here goes the first…
Nothing-New Insight #1
You do NOT have to spend a lot to look great. You can always look amazing for under $100, and you can almost always look amazing for under $50. At $55, this was my most expensive outfit of the week.
- red jacket - $12 Palm Desert Revivals Thrift
- red disk necklace - $2 Cathedral City Angel View Thrift
- yellow and black blouse - $8 Palm Springs Angel View Thrift
- sequin skirt - $10 Palm Desert Angel View Thrift
- cowboy boots - $19 Moreno Valley Goodwill
- TOTAL $55 with jacket, $43 without
This skirt has now been promised to a beautiful thirteen-year-old girl, the daughter of TEDActive attendee Hayley Foster. Hayley tells me her daughter has a real eye for putting together outfits and thinks she’ll be able to do something special with this. Exciting!
If you’d like to be the next owner of anything else I’m wearing here, let me know. Remember I can’t return home with ANYTHING, so if I don’t give it away, it’s getting donated to a thrift store in Austin before I leave South by Southwest.