Rainbow Girl Scout
I couldn’t pass up this rainbow top when I spotted it at my friend Amy’s Brooklyn Flea booth. But I couldn’t find the right bottom to coordinate with it. That is until my mom took a trip up to the attic and came down with my original Girl Scout skirt. I almost passed out when I realized it still fits (thanks in part to the smart elastic panels hidden in the waist). I had a love/hate relationship with this uniform in Junior High and High School. While my inner costume wearer dug putting it on, I dreaded being the nerdy girl who wore it. It’s fun to embrace it now as an adult who’s comfortable with herself, nerdiness and all. And who remembered Bill Blass designed for the Girl Scouts? In his infinite wisdom, he added the functionality of pockets. Sweet!
- button-down blouse - $10.00, Jelly Roll at Brooklyn Flea
- espadrille sandals - $2.00 (unworn!), Starkville Salvation Army Thrift
- fabric belt - hand-me-down from my mom
- skirt - from the attic, Bill Blass for Girl Scouts of the U.S.A. (c. 1991)
- Know Your Poodle paperback - $1.00, Starkville Salvation Army Thrift
- TOTAL - $13.00 with book, $12.00 without
Do you know your poodle? And if not, why not? Especially with an incredible book like this waiting to be picked up for a mere dollar!