Peggy Sue With Cherries
The color and cut of this dress reminded me of Kathleen Turner’s in Peggy Sue Got Married. So I decided to watch the movie as I sewed in a red petticoat to give the dress more of a 1960s silhouette. I’d forgotten what a great movie Peggy Sue is! Of course the premise that a woman would create an outfit to look like one of her high school dresses and wear it to her 25th reunion is right up my alley.
- blue matte taffeta dress - $28 Buffalo Exchange
- red cherries - $5 Alameda Swap Meet
- blue velvet ribbon - in my gift wrap drawer
- nude fishnet tights - $10 The Sock Man on St. Marks
- blue t-strap pumps - $40 Buffalo Exchange
- TOTAL - $83 (more than I usually spend… but I had to have the shoes!)
I also found this vintage Lord and Taylor cropped jacket (I’m guessing at least 30 years old by the tag). Only $13 at Buffalo Exchange! A beautiful purple hue looks great with a glass of bourbon in my hand. That’s right, photo shoots with Erin Sparling = fine bourbon for both the photographer and the subject.