Dress Your Pirate in Stars and Stripes
Everyone who knows me knows I’ll use any excuse to dress in a theme, so who’s surprised that I dressed myself like a flag for Independence Day? Ummm, no one. My starry skirt came from a trip to a thrift shop in Columbus, Mississippi. It was originally a floor-length affair until I gathered it like Fourth of July bunting and pinned it in place using two pairs of old-lady-looking earrings. The “look” is completed by a pair of leg warmers that I cut from a striped t-shirt and a red white and blue goblet that I can only imagine had some kind of crazy past life. Maybe it was the bandana plus all the stripes, but I somehow ended up looking like a patriotic pirate. Perfect for playing Rock Band and drinking “Beergaritas” with a my studiomates at Skylar and Josh’s awesome party!
- bandanna - borrowed from my mom
- beads - $10, Brooklyn flea
I have to stop myself from wearing these with everything.
- striped tank - $7.50, UNIQLO
- starry skirt - $3.50, Columbus Palmer Home Thrift
- earrings (used to pin skirt) - $1 per pair, Columbus Palmer Home Thrift
- leg warmers - homemade from striped t-shirt
- cowgirl boots - $365, Lucchese
I wore these with my wedding dress.
- drinking glass - $0.40, Starkville Salvation Army Thrift